Welcome to Network of Organic Agriculture Researchers in Africa
A Product of African Union High Level Decision on Organic Agriculture
Following the Conference of Ministers of Agriculture held in Lilongwe, Malawi on 28‐29 October, 2010, and a resolution made in line with the African Sustainable Ecological Agriculture Production Systems the African Union policy organs, the Executive Council at its meeting on 24‐28 January, 2011 passed a decision on supporting organic farming which was endorsed by the African Union Heads of States and Government ‐ EX.CL/Dec.621 (XVIII):‐
The Executive Council
- TAKES NOTE of the Report of the Conference of Ministers of Agriculture held in Lilongwe, Malawi on October, 28 and 29, 2010 on Organic Farming, and ENDORSES the Resolution contained therein;
- EXPRESSES concern over the current practice of exploitation of organic farmers in Africa;
- REQUESTS the Commission and its New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) Planning and Coordinating Agency (NPCA) to:
– Initiate and provide guidance for an African Union (AU)‐led coalition of international partners on the establishment of an African organic farming platform based on best practices; and
– Provide guidance in support of the development of sustainable organic farming systems and improve seed quality;
- CALLS UPON development partners to provide the necessary technical and financial support for the implementation of this Decision;
- REQUESTS the Commission to report regularly on the implementation of this Decision.
Source: African Union Commission (www.africa‐union.org/Decisions)
Our Model Approach
Individual researchers, group of researchers, or member organizations embark on research(es) their areas of interest(s) in ecological organic agriculture.
Report of research findings in the form of articles is submitted for onward review by fellow researchers and faculties.
Peer Review & Validation
Report of research is reviewed by fellow organic agriculture researchers for validation or otherwise.
Publication & Information Sharing
The validated report is published in the African Journal of Organic Agriculture and Ecology; a biennial publication and the information is disseminated for onward application by researchers and practitioners alike.
THOROUGH RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS
WELL FORMATED AND EDITED
Read the latest articles from our members from around Africa published in our journal, African Journal of Organic Agriculture and Ecology
Committed to a healthy, Safe, Secured, and Sustainable Africa
We are a a network of Organic farmers, agricultural organizations/firms, association, researchers, agro-processors, marketers, consumers, network or company/individual of good and ethical standing, in the organic agriculture sector, with operations in Africa