African Journal of Organic Agriculture and Ecology (AJOAE) – A journal of Organic Agriculture and Ecology is published biannually to create an effective medium for dissemination of information on organic agriculture research findings in all areas of Agriculture, Food Sciences, and Ecology.
Contributions may be on Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural Extension, Agroforestry, Animal Science, Crop/Environmental Protection, Crop Science, Environmental Sciences, Fishery/Aquaculture, Pharmacy, Soil science, Veterinary Medicine, Wildlife Management. Manuscripts can be submitted in both English and French Languages.
Preparation of manuscripts:
- Articles could be written in either English or French with moderate technical terminologies to facilitate wide readership.
- All manuscripts should be typed, Times New Roman (12), 1.5 spacing on A4 size (210 x 297mm) paper.
- The length of the manuscript should in general not exceed 12 pages (tables, figures, and other illustrations inclusive).
- Leave ample margins, 2.54 cm to the left, and 2.54 cm to the top and bottom of the page.
- The cover sheet should contain (a) Title of the article (b) Author (s) name, followed by a line at the tail end giving the name and address to which all correspondence should be addressed.
- The manuscript should be organized as follows: TITLE, ABSTRACT (250 words max), INTRODUCTION, MATERIALS AND METHODS or METHODOLOGY), RESULTS, DISCUSSION (or RESULTS AND DISCUSSION), CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION, ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS (where necessary), and REFERENCES.
- The main heading should be centered and capitalized; the secondary and tertiary headings should be typed in lower case letters to the left of the page.
- Use only the international system of Unit (SI) and ensure that units are quantitative measurements, e.g. 3kg; when they are preceded by a capitalized noun, e.g. Table 8.
- Tables and figures should be numbered in Arabic numerals, cited in the text, sources indicated if not original (i.e. not made by the author), and on separate sheet(s).
- Each table and figure should have an explanatory legend, which should be typed at the bottom of the page.
- Reference citation in the text should follow the name, years system; all references cited must be listed in alphabetical order of the sole/senior/first author’s names; each reference should be systematic as for journal; the surname of the author(s) initials; year of publication (in parenthesis), title of paper, name of Journal (italicized), volume number, number of issue (if applicable) in Arabic numerals on the first and the last pages of the references, e.g. Ladele A.A. (1991) …………………………………………..“A Descriptive Analysis of Agriculture Cooperative Model in Rural Development”. Journal of Rural Development and Administration. 23 (3):1-8.
For two or more authors – Tanimu, J., Iwuafor, E. N. O., Odunze, A .C. and Tian. G. (2007). Effect of incorporation of leguminous cover crops on yield and yield components of maize. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences 3 (2): 243-249.
For the citation of books, the author’s name comes first followed by year of publication in bracket, title of book (underlined), edition and volume number (if any) page or pages, city of publication and publishers e.g.
Brady, N.C. and R.R. Weil, (2002). The nature and properties of soils, 13 th Ed. Prentice- Hall Inc., New Jersey, USA. 960p.
For a chapter in a book, e.g. Benjamin, T.K., Pan, I.K. and Kum, O.A. (2004). Mechanised Agriculture in the 21st Century. In Babajide, O.L., Otuoke, G.J. and Nwakwo I.A. (Eds.) Agriculture and Mankind. Casablanca: Hopewell. 12-23pp.
Cost of publishing in AJOAE
Careful editing and scrutiny are required before sending manuscript to the editor as there may be no opportunity for alteration once an article is accepted for publication based on reviewers’ comments. A processing fee of $100 (one hundred US Dollars) upon acceptance of each article shall be paid by authors before publishing such article.
Contributors are to suggest two reviewers each while sending their manuscripts, not previously published or being considered for publication elsewhere to:
African Journal of Organic Agriculture and Ecology (AJOAE).
Emails; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com